Polishing your Presentation Skills
Level-up your capacity to deliver continuous innovation by applying a proven framework of behaviours used by successful innovators.
Session length: 3 hours
Trainer: Dr Jamie Gallagher
When: 13/12/2022 @ 09:30
Where: In-person (Meeting Centre, Room 1, Manor Park Campus)
Excellent presentation skills can be a key to success in your work and career. This short workshop will get participants ready to give a memorable and confident presentation. Through this interactive session participants will examine and practise the skills required to give a memorable talk. The session will give an overview of the key presentation skills for both in person and online delivery. Researchers will emerge confident and energised ready to deliver a prize-winning presentation.
Being able to describe what you do and why is an essential skill for researchers, academics and professional staff and this workshop will help you take your communication to the next level. Science Communicator and previous international 3 Minute Thesis winner Dr Jamie Gallagher will show you how to turn your research or work into the most interesting, engaging and memorable presentation possible.
Following this workshop, you should be able to:
- Understand how to turn research into a compelling narrative through planning and structure
- Prepare a high quality, engaging and impactful speech or presentation
- Manage nerves and feel comfortable and confident while delivering talks
- Understand the use of language, body language and visualisation in presenting
- Gain strategies and tips for answering questions
Where are you on your innovation journey?
Learn the basics
Tools & Frameworks